Chicken Frito Pie
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. corn kernels, fresh, canned, or frozen
1 4-oz. can green chilis
3 c. Fritos
1 c. shredded Cheddar
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest 5 minutes, then slice.
- Add onion to skillet and season with salt, cumin, and chili powder. Cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir until combined, then add black beans, corn, and green chilis.
- Return cooked diced chicken to skillet and stir to combine. Simmer until thick, 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and layer half the Fritos on the bottom of skillet. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheddar, Monterey Jack, and remaining Fritos.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Sign Up Now!